Monday, July 4, 2016

CHURCH Acrostically Defined...

Hello, it has been quite awhile since, I posted a blog, but life happens and our priorities can change. Although I was busy with things that were unavoidable, I do recall times when I could have avoided procrastination and sat down at the computer and written something inspirational, but I did not put my thoughts into action.

Procrastination is defined as:

  1. the action of delaying or postponing something:
    "your first tip is to avoid procrastination"
     
    I have always considered procrastination to be a thief; because we lose something very valuable that cannot ever be recovered and that is TIME! Because, time flies and never comes back, we must wait on the second hand to come around to take advantage of a new hour.
     
    One thing I was doing while not blogging was going to church. As a matter of fact, after moving a few months ago, I decided on finding a church in my area to prevent a long commute in the area I had lived previously. I drive an older Chevy truck, which has a big engine and takes a lot of gas. So the plan was to save gas and stay in the area of my residence and I am thankful to say that I was successful
     
    What does church mean to you? I know that each of you wherever you live in the world will have a different answer, which is based on family background and upbringing, as well as personal experience.  

    CHURCH is defined as:
    1. a building used for public Christian worship:
      "they came to church with me"
      synonyms: place of worship · house of God · house of worship ·

     While I was unpacking some personal items, I ran across some things I had written years ago and found the following acrostic poem that defines CHURCH for me. If you already attend church, you will appreciate this poem more than a person, who does not go to church yet.
     
     
    Congregants meeting on the first day of the week with two or more gathered in the Name of Jesus; who is in the midst of them (Matthew 18:20; Hebrews 10:25)

     
    Hear all you people what the Spirit is saying to the church. For, it is by hearing and hearing by the Word of God that faith comes to us (Romans 10:17)
     
    Unto the Lord, lift up your souls to WORSHIP HIM in Spirit and in Truth. This is what the Father seeks (John 4:23-24).
     
    Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people. God made you righteous through the precious blood of Jesus that was shed at Calvary (Proverbs 14:34).
     
    Christ is the solid rock on which mankind must stand, because all other ground is sinking sand. He was rejected by men, but approved by God (Mark 12:10).
     
    Holy You are Lord and holy Your Word says we are to be. Without holiness [godly sanctification] Your face no man will see (Hebrews 2:11; 12:14). 
     
    I trust you were blessed and will made note of the Scripture references provided. Feel free to share your comments.

    Until the next blog, my prayer is that God would keep you in His loving care and grant His peace, in the Name of Jesus. Amen.
     
     
     
     
     

No comments:

Post a Comment