Wednesday, November 30, 2016

PRAYER: Communication with God

The most frequently prayed prayer on earth is the "Lord's Prayer" (also known as the Model Prayer), which Jesus taught His disciples, during His time of ministry.  

We don't know how to pray as we should, but the Lord's Prayer teaches us how to pray according to God's perfect will.

If you don't know how to pray, here is a prayer I wrote using my favorite Scriptures below that you can use to help you open your heart and communicate with God our Creator:

Our Father who art in heaven, thank You for Your peace that surpasses all understanding. Let it (peace) rest, rule and abide in my home night and day. I choose to fix my mind on You, instead of the cares of this life, because I trust You (Isaiah 26:34_NLT). 

I demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of You, and I take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5_NIV). You have not given me the spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7), so I will not give up, cave in our quit. I will fight the good fight of faith against fear, doubt and unbelief, because it is impossible to please You Lord without faith (Hebrews 11:6). 

Thank You Father for giving me daily bread and everything that's suitable for life and godliness (2 Peter 1:30). I forgive those who have transgressed against me and confess every thing I have thought, said or done that was a transgression against Your infallible Word. I also choose to forgive myself, so that I can move forward, instead of wallowing in regret. Thank You for the forgiveness of my sins, for cleansing me from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9); and for remembering my iniquities no more. You have removed my sins as far as the east as from the west (Hebrews 10:17; Psalm 103:12).

Because, You will give Your angels charge over me to keep me in all my ways (Psalms 91:11), I also want to thank You for keeping my family, loved ones, friends and neighbors from hurt, harm and danger. "Before we call, You will answer, while we are still speaking, You will hear our every cry (Isaiah 65.24)." Great is Your faithfulness to me and every living being. You give us new mercies to see every morning (Lamentation 3:

I petition You in the Name of Your Son Jesus and give You all the praise that is due You. For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever, Amen, so be it! 

I encourage you to pray this prayer as often as you desire, for you will be praying according to God's Word. 

  


No comments:

Post a Comment